Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taking The Long Way

I finished work early today and decided to take a roundabout way to Maple Shade to get the kids. Along the way I stopped for a few geocaches

These 2 pictures are of the geocache Up, Up, and Away. It was a really interesting way to hide a cache. It was actually tied to a string and hanging at the top of a pretty high flag pole. You had to pull the string to lower the container. I had a lot of fun with this one. My GPS had me walking around in circles for several minutes before I figured it out...


The next geocache I looked for was called The Alice Paul Institue. I didn't find it, but it was still a nice historical place to visit right off Route 38 on the border of Moorestown and Mt. Laurel.

The last geocache today was one called Gnarly. It was hidden inside a hole in a truly gnarly tree in Strawbridge park. It was easy enough to find since that was the only gnarled tree anywhere around and there's only so many holes in it. I had to take the container back to the car to sign the log because there were several people wandering about and jogging through the park.


View my new track Taking the Long Way started in United States, New Jersey, Cherry Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment