Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bowling Memories

Like yesterday, I had some time to kill on my way from work to get the kids, so I stopped off at the Laurel Lanes bowling alley to grab the Bowling Memories geocache. It was a quick and easy find. The container was just sitting in the corner of the fence surrounding the parking lot, but on the back side that faces the woods. Since there's really no reason to go back there, other than to find this thing, there's very little chance of someone spotting it.
Inside the little tupperware container was the standard log book, some swag that consisted of a few pins and key chains, and three travel bugs. I took one of the travel bugs and left some foreign coins.
The travel bug I took is called The Miller's Inn TB, and it was a tiny keg of Guinness beer on a keychain. This geocache was a completely suitable location for this travel bug, which actually originated in Switzerland last October. The goal of this bug is to travel from cache to cache, preferrably those at or near other Irish pubs. I will do my best to keep the tradition going and find a pub with a nearby cache to place this.

No comments:

Post a Comment