Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Maple Shade Geocaching

As the winter progresses, the sun has been setting later and later each day, with sunset arriving around 6 o'clock. Since I finished work a little early today, I had an extra half hour to play with. Since I had to go to Maple Shade to get the kids anyway, I decided to check out two easy geocaches on my way over.

The first geocache was called Breakthru Cache. It was very quick and easy, and was nothing more than an old Rx bottle covered with electrical tape and stuck in the dirt beneath on old tree.

The second geocache was called The Baron's Cache, and this one was at least a little more interesting. It was hidden on the edge of a tiny little park in a residential section of Maple Shade. As I drove up, I first thought that the swingset and playground equipment was somebody's back yard, but there were signs posted by the township stating the area was open from dawn to dusk. The cache container for this one really made me laugh. It was a large plastic bird, and it was tucked inside a half rotted tree stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment