Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Homewood

My meeting this afternoon was near a cache called Homewood, so I stopped by. The location was in the wooded area beside a Hilton hotel. At the far end of the parking lot was a gravel road that lead a short distance into the woods.
The container was something I'd never seen before. It was a sort of two-piece plastic tube, with one end inserted into the other. The outer part was tied to a post in the woods, and I had to pull out the bottom part.
Inside was a zip lock bag with a log, but nothing else. The tube was pretty skinny and too narrow to hold any of my geocoins. However, it wasn't too small to hold the Miller's Inn travel bug that I've been holding for way too long. I signed the log, dropped in the travel bug, replaced the container, and tried to walk out of the woods by the hotel without looking shady...

No comments:

Post a Comment